North Aurora, Illinois
Parts Counterperson – Automotive
We need a reliable, professional parts counterperson to purchase, sell, store and issue parts within our busy dealership. Sure, you’ll need to be good at ordering parts and maintaining inventory, but you’ll also need excellent people skills when dealing with customers and internal staff. The right person can expect great pay, great benefits and a great dealership family environment.
- Determine needs and accurately specify parts accordingly
- Create and modify purchase orders
- Issue purchase orders to appropriate vendor to order parts
- Record warranty parts returned
- Create special ordered parts on dealership computer system and notify ASM, technician or client upon receipt
- Review special order parts tracking
- Process and close open invoices
- Compare invoices against requisitions to verify quality and quantity of merchandise received
- Keep records of outside purchases and parts received and issued
- Perform ongoing warehouse parts inventory
- Attend weekly department meetings
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED
One year of dealership warehouse experience and/or training
Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Training for career advancement
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
401K and Profit sharing
Paid vacations and holidays
Great environment and a drug free workplace
The Gerald family has been selling automobiles in the Chicago area since the mid-1930's and has been proud to be a part of the communities they serve for decades!
We have succeeded in our endeavors because of a profound respect for our customer. The name Gerald stands for honesty and the highest standard of excellence.
The Gerald management team and employees are some of the most outstanding in the business. As our auto group continues to grow, it will be the result of all of our combined efforts, and our dedication and loyalty to the thousands of customers who favor us with their trust and patronage. Over many years, Gerald has meant Service.