APPRENTICE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
The Gerald family has been selling automobiles in the Chicago area since the mid-1930's and has been proud to be a part of the communities they serve for decades!
We have succeeded in our endeavors because of a profound respect for our customer. The name Gerald stands for honesty and the highest standard of excellence.
The Gerald management team and employees are some of the most outstanding in the business. As our auto group continues to grow, it will be the result of all of our combined efforts, and our dedication and loyalty to the thousands of customers who favor us with their trust and patronage. Over many years, Gerald has meant Service.
Our company has an outstanding opportunity for a results-focused, highly driven and experienced Service Technician position. This Technician will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing client and dealership vehicles with integrity and ethics, and also maintaining a positive relationship with clients who return with unsatisfactory work in accordance with dealership policies and standards.
- Examines vehicle, diagnoses and, if needed discusses with the Shop Foreman, or Service Advisor as to the nature and extent of damage or malfunction
- Communicates additional service requests to the Service Advisor for communication to client
- Plans work procedure in cooperation with the Shop Foreman
- Provides labor time estimates to the Service Advisor
- Monitors repair time and updates Service Advisor on status often for client vehicles left for service, and for waiting clients
- Maintains strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Completes story and/or documentation for client repairs
- Understands and utilizes dealership computer system
- Assists Technician Trainees
- Wears approved safety glasses when in designated safety areas
- Keeps work area clean and tidy Attends company and factory training
- Keeps current with factory technical bulletins
- Understands and follows Federal, State and local regulations such as disposal of hazardous wastes
- Attends weekly department meetings
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
At least 1-2 years of relevant experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Driver's License (must be insurable)
Training for career advancement
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
401K and Profit sharing
Paid vacations and holidays
Great environment and a drug free workplace