Detailer – Automotive
Are you a clean freak? Do you obsess over every little detail? Do you love that new car smell? If so, our busy dealership may have the perfect opportunity for you as our new make-ready tech/detailer. Sure, we work hard. But we also take good care of those who work to make our dealership a success. If that’s you, let’s talk. For the right person, the rewards can be outstanding.
- Train and assist other make-ready and detail techs
- Maintain inventory and order make-ready supplies
- Act as liaison between department staff and sales managers to facilitate the process for new and pre-owned vehicles
- Detail client vehicles as needed
- Maintain strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Note damage and notify service so a claim can be filed within 24 hours
- Perform quality control inspections of all vehicles before being brought to frontline
- Coordinate with sales and service to ensure on-time deliveries
- Attend department meetings
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED
1 to 3 months of related experience and/or training
Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
Training for career advancement
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
401K and Profit sharing
Paid vacations and holidays
Great environment and a drug free workplace
The Gerald family has been selling automobiles in the Chicago area since the mid-1930's and has been proud to be a part of the communities they serve for decades!
We have succeeded in our endeavors because of a profound respect for our customer. The name Gerald stands for honesty and the highest standard of excellence.
The Gerald management team and employees are some of the most outstanding in the business. As our auto group continues to grow, it will be the result of all of our combined efforts, and our dedication and loyalty to the thousands of customers who favor us with their trust and patronage. Over many years, Gerald has meant Service.