Diesel & Transmission Technician
North Aurora, Illinois
Last Day to Apply: April 30, 2019
DIESEL & TRANSMISSION TECHNICIAN
Are you passionate about what you do? Does working on and repairing cars really rev your engine? Then it’s time you were rewarded for your skills/experience. That’s why we believe in offering you an opportunity to work alongside some of the best and brightest technicians in the industry while earning a competitive wage. You’ll stay on top of your game by having access to ongoing training programs, as well as participating in on the job training within our exciting, fast paced environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Examine and diagnose diesel vehicles
- Discuss repairs with shop foreman or service advisor
- Provide labor estimates and communicate additional service requests to the Service Advisor
- Plan work in cooperation with shop foreman
- Monitor repair time and update service advisor
- Maintain strict adherence to dealership policies on vehicle care and operation
- Assist in mentoring technician trainees
- Attend company and factory training and keep current with factory technical bulletins
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations (such as disposal of hazardous waste)
About our Dealership
The Gerald family has been selling automobiles in the Chicago area since the mid-1930's and has been proud to be a part of the communities they serve for decades!
We have succeeded in our endeavors because of a profound respect for our customer. The name Gerald stands for honesty and the highest standard of excellence.
The Gerald management team and employees are some of the most outstanding in the business. As our auto group continues to grow, it will be the result of all of our combined efforts, and our dedication and loyalty to the thousands of customers who favor us with their trust and patronage. Over many years, Gerald has meant Service.