North Aurora, Illinois
Our Service Advisors are the face of our service department. That means greeting every customer with a smile and using your customer driven personality to understand their repair needs while making them feel confident that these repair needs will be met. You’ll also act as the liaison between the customer and our Service Technicians, ensuring you are keeping the customer up to date on repair times, estimates, and when the vehicle is ready for pick up.
On a typical day, this position will include:
- Upselling additional services using low pressure, high integrity methods
- Providing accurate repair/maintenance estimates
- Adhering to policies on vehicle care and operation
- Following up on each repair, keeping customers informed of progress, and notifying customers when vehicles are ready for pick up
- Reviewing and explaining repairs and associated costs with customers
- Handling minor customer concerns and complaints and keeping the Service Manager informed of potential issues
- Maintaining Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) scores in accordance with dealership standards
- Must have previous Service Advisor experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- General knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must be willing to work a schedule that may include evening or Saturday hours
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan with match and profit sharing
- Vacation time, holiday and paid time off days
- Company paid continuing education and training
- Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates.
We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Gerald family has been selling automobiles in the Chicago area since the mid-1930's and has been proud to be a part of the communities they serve for decades!
The Gerald management team and employees are some of the most outstanding in the business. As our auto group continues to grow, it will be the result of all of our combined efforts, and our dedication and loyalty to the thousands of customers who favor us with their trust and patronage. Over many years, Gerald has meant Service.
Our company has an outstanding opportunity for a results-focused, highly driven and experienced Service Advisor. The service advirsor is responsible for sales, productivity, and profitability of our dealership service center. The position works closely with our experienced technicians and our customers. We are looking for a positive and energetic person with excellent communication and customer service skills who will greet customers, listen to their concerns, and provide a solution that meets their needs.